Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Always Darkest Before the... Dark?

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I've been having such a hard time this year with daylight savings time.

It all started off fine and dandy, we got an extra hour of sleep, everyone felt more rested, it was light in the morning when we left for work. But now? Now it's darkness practically all day, every day.

Okay, maybe that's a little dramatic. But it's dark all the freaking time!

During the week I leave home by 7am... in the dark. I leave work around 4:30pm... in the dark. I feel deprived of daylight! I get to see my husband's handsome face in natural light on weekends only, when we try to cram every possible thing we need daylight to do into the, oh, 8 hours a day that we maybe get.

So what's a girl to do? Lately, I've just been tired. My body clock is out of whack and it's making me tired at odd times of the day, particularly when I get home and change out of my work clothes into something cozy and warm. Perhaps that's the problem, that I'm making myself too comfy? All I know is that I need to snap out of it, and soon! This girly is starting to feel like a vampire, living in the dark!

Hmm... if darkness is my only option, do you think I could get sparkly skin?



On second thought, just give me the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment